Re: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Telescope mount design

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2004
      Paul and others: I arrived home yesterday to find 12-13 boxes of blanks
      and tools on my front porch - an the laundry room has a couple of boxes of
      grits and pitch.

      And I hope Jim can give us some pointers on this design.

      See you all in March at Mid-Atlantic Mirror Making 2004.

      Don...

      "Paul Gray" <perserid@...> on 02/06/2004 08:45:10 AM

      Please respond to delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Telescope mount design

      Interesting how smalla world it really is.

      If you check out this link you see a intersting design but notice as
      well that the 3D rendered images of the design were done by Jim
      Crombie. Who is that you say? Well he is a telescope maker herei n
      eastern canadaand good freind of mine who is comingwith me to the
      Mirror Making Seminar at teh start or next month :)

      Clear skies and see you all in March!

      Paul Gray

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, suburbangy@a... wrote:
      > I found this mount design while searching for something else. It is
      an
      > interesting adaptation of Dob mounting.
      >
      > http://www.c2optical.com/mount.htm
      >
      > Bill Hartung
      >
      > http://www.c2optical.com/mount.htm

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
      in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender
      by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless
      explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
      this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment,
      or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute
      a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
      purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

      Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese Korean

    • Keith Lohmeyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2004
        Tim and everyone,
        The design of the club scope will be up those that are involved in the project. A Discovery, Obsession clone is a good proven appoach with premade parts available if needed. Pushing the envelope would turn the project into more of a learning expirence but will probally take longer to get a finished scope. Just a few of the many decisions ahead.

        Keith Lohmeyer
        kcl@...