Re: tonight

    Message 1 of 83 , Jan 6, 2004
      Just a reminder that tonight is our regular monthly meeting - 7:00 PM at
      the First Presbyterian Church.

      Did you see the moon this morning? It was a pretty sight hanging in a very
      clear western sky - you could see the distortion of it's roundness as it
      approached the western horizon...just one of Mother Nature's many photo ops
      for our moon. And once again I did not have a camera with me - because the
      weatherman said it was cloudy.

      Also, our mirror making workshop is approaching rapidly. If you were kind
      enuf to store one of our 2003 grinding tables please make plans to return
      it before February - or we will have to make additional tables - again...

      I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year holiday and I do look
      forward to an outstanding year for Delmarva Stargazers.

      See you at the Church tonight.

      information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
      in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender
      by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless
      explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
      this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment,
      or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute
      a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
      purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

      Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese Korean

    • Michael P. Borgia
      Message 83 of 83 , Jan 11
        Venus is nearly full, about 95% illuminated and 10.5" across at magnitude -3.9.   Mercury is 67% illuminated and 6.4" across. Mercury is magnitude -0.7 tonight.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jan 11, 2015, at 10:27 AM, lance biechele ltb0076@... [delmarvastargazers] <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi Folks,
           What a sight Venus and Mercury were last night.  Mercury was
        sparkling like a little diiamond.
           Does anyone know which phase Venus is at?
        Good Stargazing!
        Lance

        On Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:38 AM, "Don Surles don.surles@... [delmarvastargazers]" <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I went out to the marsh last nite to see the comet...it was 14F.

        The comet was high in the southeastern sky. With my 20x80 Celestron bino the head appeared to be as large as a full moon with a short tail visible. It also had what appeared to be a bluish/green overall cast.

        At 14F I did not hang around to see if there were any changes visible over a period of time. If it was not so cold I probably would have set up a camera.

        Go out and see for yourself...this is a nice highly visible comet that is easy to find. Under dark skies it is naked eye.

        Don...

        Sent from my iPad