Re: [delmarvastargazers] 22" 'scope project

  • mark holloway
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2003
      --- Keith Lohmeyer <kcl@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > I agree with Dave Wells that this project should be
      > used as a learning
      > expirence.
      >
      > The truss design would be probally be a variation of
      > the designs in the Big
      > Dob book. Skills needed would be mainly woodworking
      > and a little steel
      > welding.
      >
      > If we go the solid tube route we will really have to
      > we will have to
      > concentrate on weight reduction. Anybody have any
      > expirence with lightweight
      > composites? We might also need some aluminum welding
      > done, anyone with
      > expirence in this?
      >
      > Keep the ideas coming
      > Keith Lohmeyer
      > kcl@...
      >

      > Hi Keith,
      I can probably get the alum. welding done at where
      my brother works (Miller Welding in Harrington). All I
      need is a couple of weeks 'heads up' for it to get
      done. You will probably have to talk directly to him
      to get it done, but so far he's got things done for me
      for cheap, read free.
      Let me know via e-mail or phone call and I'll see
      what I can do.
      Mark.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/