Chiefland Star Party

  • vnickerson101505@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2003
      Hi All, Am Back from Chiefland star party. Was a good party. Was there 10 nights. Got 9 nights of viewing in. Must say, it was extremely cold this year. A lot of people left early. I had to go to bed by 2 AM due to the cold.
      Got to see the Northern Lights in Florida on Thursday night the 20th. A fire ball went thru at the same time. And the space station also went over.
      The people in Georgia had to look South to see the Northern Lights & Pa. & Ontario never saw them at all. They did see them on Sat, night tho. But we couldn't.  Real strange.
      No mosquitoes in Chiefland star party. They say it's because they keep a lot of bats & birds.
      There were 300 there. And 2 dealers.
      Guess that's it. Clear Skies. Vaughn