To Bob Bunge

  • Bill Davis Jr
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      Congratulations on making the December issue of Astronomy with your
      sketches of Mars.

      Bill
    • Eric Todd
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        Well, that's a man who definitely deserves it for his great drawings.  Congratulations Bob.
        Congratulations on making the December issue of Astronomy with your
        sketches of Mars.

        Bill

      • Steve Long
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
          Bill Davis Jr wrote:

          > Congratulations on making the December issue of Astronomy with your
          > sketches of Mars.

          Waytago Bob!!

          Steve
        • Bob Bunge
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
            Thanks everyone. It's a bit of a cheat, though... I go wwwaaaayyy back
            with Dave Eicher, the editor of ASTRONOMY. In 1980, we were both very
            young deep sky observers. In the late 80's early 90's I wrote a number
            of articles for ASTRONOMY. Even interviewed there once for an assistant
            editor's position. :-)

            That said, never assume your "stuff" isn't good enough to get in one of
            the mags... just send it and see what happens. ASTRONOMY is almosts
            always looking for drawings and images. This is a talented group.

            Sure was a pretty day for working on a telescope outside. Since my
            family life isn't going to let me do much more early evening Mars work,
            I uncovered TJ, my 20-inch, which has been in the backyard, under a tarp
            since May. I cleaned her up, cleaned the mirror (it was REALLY dirty),
            and gave her a once over before packing it away in it's normal storage
            location. 30 some Mars drawings and a hurricane. What an interesting year!

            Cheers,

            Bob