Newsletter

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2003
      If you'd like to run the article just sent in the newsletter for
      members not signed up with Yahoo,or "computerless" members you have
      my permission.

      Kent Blackwell
    • kentblackwell
      Message 2 of 19 , May 27, 2006
        OK, I've tried everything, including downloading updated Adobe Acrobat
        Reader and still cannot capture the newsleter. Will someone mail a copy
        to me:

        Kent Blackwell
        1169 Old Kempsville Road
        Virginia Beach, VA 23464
      • PJ Riley
        Message 3 of 19 , May 29, 2006
          Kent,
          A copy of the newsletter was turned over to a
          represenatative of the USPS to hand deliver to you,
          possibly by Tues....(actually ~60 copies were turned
          over to the USPS, but they are not all headed your
          way...)
          Pj

          --- kentblackwell <kent@...> wrote:

          > OK, I've tried everything, including downloading
          > updated Adobe Acrobat
          > Reader and still cannot capture the newsleter. Will
          > someone mail a copy
          > to me:
          >
          > Kent Blackwell
          > 1169 Old Kempsville Road
          > Virginia Beach, VA 23464

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • gregnott2000
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 3, 2006
            PJ,
            I have both Adobe 5.5 and Reader 7.05. In order to save postage and time to assemble
            and mail the newsletter, you may delete me off of the mail list. As long as you continue to
            post a notice that a new newsletter is available, I am fine.

            Thanks.

            Greg
          • Paul Riley
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 29, 2009
              The Latest edition of the Delmarva Stargzers' Star Gazer News is available for downloadings.

              Members can download here:

              Non-members can also download to see what the Gazers are all 'bout

              Pj

              P.S.  Have you paid your dues?

            • Joe Morris
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 2, 2009
                I just had to express my complements to all who contributed to our April
                newsletter. Tim's statement as to the good feelings that come from outreach
                programs was great and our club does an excellent job in that category.

                Don's description of our annual Mirror Making was inspiring. Are there any
                other clubs putting on such a fine ATM event? I don't know of any.

                I couldn't determine who was responsible for the informative articles on the
                Naval Observatory, Alvin Clark, or Matthew Maury but didn't they all fit
                together and give a great history lesson? I suspect our fine editor, Pj
                Riley, had something to do all this.

                I thought Doug Miller's Moondark was one of his best ever.

                I happened to be at an astronomy community in Arizona when I received the
                newsletter and I was very proud to share it with everyone there.

                See you all at Star Gaze XV. Has it really been 15 years?

                Joe Morris
              • kentblackwell
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 3, 2009
                  Kudoos to you all for the fine newsletter. I feel bad for my lack of contributions lately.

                  Doug Miller; I got trillions of laughs from the wit in your article. It was the stimulus we all needed.

                  Kent Blackwell

                  --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "J

                  oe Morris" <joemorris@...> wrote:

                  > I just had to express my complements to all who contributed to our April
                  > newsletter. Tim's statement as to the good feelings that come from outreach
                  > programs was great and our club does an excellent job in that category.
                  >
                  > Don's description of our annual Mirror Making was inspiring. Are there any
                  > other clubs putting on such a fine ATM event? I don't know of any.
                  >
                  > I couldn't determine who was responsible for the informative articles on the
                  > Naval Observatory, Alvin Clark, or Matthew Maury but didn't they all fit
                  > together and give a great history lesson? I suspect our fine editor, Pj
                  > Riley, had something to do all this.
                  >
                  > I thought Doug Miller's Moondark was one of his best ever.
                  >
                  > I happened to be at an astronomy community in Arizona when I received the
                  > newsletter and I was very proud to share it with everyone there.
                  >
                  > See you all at Star Gaze XV. Has it really been 15 years?
                  >
                  > Joe Morris

                • dmsg_pjr
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
                    The latest issue of Star Gazer News is available for download.

                    Members can access here :

                    http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2010/may2010news.pdf

                    Non-members can also download to see what the Gazers are all about.

                    comments ?

                    dmsg_pjr@...
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
                      PJ...thanks for another great newsletter...you know it would be nice to know how many newsletters have been published...should be around 17X12 = 204???

                      twixt you and Doug Miller I bet you could determine the number for the next issue.

                      is vol 16  #11 a key...is the number 203?

                      Don...

                      On Apr 27, 2010, at 7:43 PM, dmsg_pjr wrote:

                      The latest issue of Star Gazer News is available for download.

                      Members can access here :

                      http://www.delmarva stargazers. org/newsletter/ news2010/ may2010news. pdf

                      Non-members can also download to see what the Gazers are all about.

                      comments ?

                      dmsg_pjr@yahoo. com

                    • CALIXTO ESTRADO
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010

                        Outstanding, thanks again.

                        Cal

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 28, 2010
                          I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"

                          Cannot download it

                          Rocky
                        • Paul Riley
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                            I had no problem last night, but this mornin' at work, it was a mess....
                            I'll upload it again when I get home at lunch time.......

                            Sorry for the inconvenience..
                            Pj

                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                              The newsletter has been reloaded:
                              Try again...
                              I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine

                              comments?

                              Pj

                              I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"

                              Cannot download it

                              Rocky

                            • Dave

                                I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"

                                Cannot download it

                                Rocky

                              • Michael Lecuyer
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                                  I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                                  sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                                  Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                                  web page).

                                  Previous issues work well.

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                                    my download was perfect...around noon.

                                    Don...

                                    On Dec 29, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Michael Lecuyer wrote:

                                    I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                                    sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                                    Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                                    web page).

                                    Previous issues work well.

                                    On 12/29/2010 12:36 PM, Dave wrote:
                                    > Thanks PJ. I downloaded my copy at 11am without problems. Sounds like
                                    > Murphy the great stargazer (read Don's eclipse report) is still with us.
                                    >
                                    > Regards, Dave
                                    >
                                    > On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...
                                    > <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >> The newsletter has been reloaded:
                                    >> Try again...
                                    >> I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine
                                    >> <http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf>http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf
                                    >> comments?
                                    >> <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>dmsg_pjr@... <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>
                                    >> Pj
                                    >>
                                    >> --- On *Tue, 12/28/10, Rocky /<c7caribou@...
                                    >> <mailto:c7caribou@...>>/* wrote:
                                    >>

                                    >> From: Rocky <c7caribou@... <mailto:c7caribou@...>>
                                    >> Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Newsletter
                                    >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                    >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                                    >> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
                                    >>
                                    >> I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"
                                    >>
                                    >> Cannot download it
                                    >>
                                    >> Rocky

                                  • Paul Riley
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 30, 2010
                                      The 2nd copy of the newsletter was uploaded ~noon yesterday.  It downloaded for me fine.
                                      If anyone has problems after noon yesterday, pls let me know...

                                      Pj

                                      On Dec 29, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Michael Lecuyer wrote:

                                      I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                                      sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                                      Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                                      web page).

                                      Previous issues work well.

                                      On 12/29/2010 12:36 PM, Dave wrote:
                                      > Thanks PJ. I downloaded my copy at 11am without problems. Sounds like
                                      > Murphy the great stargazer (read Don's eclipse report) is still with us.
                                      >
                                      > Regards, Dave
                                      >
                                      > On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...
                                      > <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> The newsletter has been reloaded:
                                      >> Try again...
                                      >> I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine
                                      >> <http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf>http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf
                                      >> comments?
                                      >> <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>dmsg_pjr@... <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>
                                      >> Pj
                                      >>
                                      >> --- On *Tue, 12/28/10, Rocky /<c7caribou@...
                                      >> <mailto:c7caribou@...>>/* wrote:
                                      >>

                                      >> From: Rocky <c7caribou@... <mailto:c7caribou@...>>
                                      >> Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Newsletter
                                      >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                      >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                                      >> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
                                      >>
                                      >> I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"
                                      >>
                                      >> Cannot download it
                                      >>
                                      >> Rocky

                                    • Karen Jennings
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 30, 2010
                                        Thank you PJ, looking forward to reading it!

                                        "When a child hearkens to the beat of a different drum ~ perhaps he is keeping time to songs of Angels that we, his lessers, simply cannot hear. ~Kelly Long-Kirkpatrick"

                                        To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: dmsg_pjr@...
                                        Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:08:35 -0800

                                        The 2nd copy of the newsletter was uploaded ~noon yesterday.  It downloaded for me fine.
                                        If anyone has problems after noon yesterday, pls let me know...

                                        Pj

                                        On Dec 29, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Michael Lecuyer wrote:

                                        I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                                        sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                                        Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                                        web page).

                                        Previous issues work well.

                                        On 12/29/2010 12:36 PM, Dave wrote:
                                        > Thanks PJ. I downloaded my copy at 11am without problems. Sounds like
                                        > Murphy the great stargazer (read Don's eclipse report) is still with us.
                                        >
                                        > Regards, Dave
                                        >
                                        > On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...
                                        > <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>> wrote:
                                        >
                                        >> The newsletter has been reloaded:
                                        >> Try again...
                                        >> I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine
                                        >> <http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf>http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf
                                        >> comments?
                                        >> <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>dmsg_pjr@... <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>
                                        >> Pj
                                        >>
                                        >> --- On *Tue, 12/28/10, Rocky /<c7caribou@...
                                        >> <mailto:c7caribou@...>>/* wrote:
                                        >>

                                        >> From: Rocky <c7caribou@... <mailto:c7caribou@...>>
                                        >> Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Newsletter
                                        >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                        >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                                        >> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
                                        >>
                                        >> I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"
                                        >>
                                        >> Cannot download it
                                        >>
                                        >> Rocky

                                      • Michael Lecuyer
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Dec 30, 2010