Pole Stars...

  • Norton Douglas (MTRV)
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003

      For my judgment on seeing conditions as of late, if I can see the moon… it’s clear.

      Douglas A. Norton
      Telecom/Network Technician
      Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles
      voice 302.744.2605 / fax 302.739.2140
      email Douglas.Norton@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        Well, dear Doug, you got a burst of laughter out of me reading that. How true, dude!

        Kent

        > Yes the quintet is easy in my 12.5". We used to regular split them
        > apart at tuckahoe with it. Also those other satilites of NGC7331 are
        > great.
        >
        > As for judding the nights sky you have to use the same standard night
        > to night athte same altitude to really compare one night ot another.
        > That is why i use the section from the observers handbook with stars
        > around the pole star. Its always up and always the same height for
        > your latitude.
        >
        > Ona  good night here i can see +6.1 steady and the really good nights
        > i glimpse the +6.4 star on and off.
        >
        > Most of thses nights will allow you tosee M33 as a naked eye object.
        > Its size is truly huge even to the naked eye but many you rteally got
        > ot get 12 inches or more of aperture and put the power to it! I went
        > at it with my 12.5" scope at 176 x and just followedthe arms out and
        > all the little HII regions in them! Its amazing.
        >
        > Clear skies
        > Paul Gray

      • Paul Gray
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
          Thanks Doug!

          I needed that! Its been amazing hearing people in halifax who are
          still without power saying "WOW,look at he stars!" Dave Lane got
          power back on tuesday and ran a couple supernova searh groups for me
          but his internet is still ownand so cant upload anything to me! Yes
          weare doinga new search from his backyard and i am remotely checking
          the images from 4 hours away. Kinda neat!

          Check out his observatory here :

          http://www.davelane.ca/aro/

          Paul

          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "S. Kent Blackwell"