three leg ladder

  • James T. Morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2003
      I am interested in going in on one of these. I would
      opt for an 8 footer so let me know if this is going to
      take place.

      Bob, I read your article about that and it was a great
      article. Everything that you have written that I have
      seen in Amateur Astronomy has been interesting and
      topical. Keep up the good work!

      James

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Joe Morris
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2003
        James -- Below is the inquiry about prices that I sent to Tallman Ladders.
        I can have the ladders mailed to my medical office (business) so if we can
        get at least one more person interested, I think the total shipping cost
        will be $ 128.49 which will be split by the number of folks ordering.

        Joe Morris,

        Thank you for your inquiry. Our dealers do not carry our Astronomer Ladders
        because they are a special order item only. The cost of the 8' Astronomer
        tripod ladder is $127.60.
        The freight cost estimates to Royal Oak, MD 21662 are as follows:

        If shipped to a business ( not at a residence) $128.49

        If shipped to a residence or residential business $170.99

        The ladders have to go by common carrier, because they are over the UPS size
        limit.

        Astronomer ladders, as with the tripod orchard ladders, are for turf or
        ground use only and are not for use on any hard surfaces.

        Thanks again for the inquiry,
        Ruth Duddles
        Tallman Ladders, Inc
      • Joe Morris
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
          James -- Bob Bunge sent me the name of a fellow in his club interested in
          the Tallman ladder. Below is the reply I sent him.

          Jim -- Bob Bunge sent me your email saying you might be interested in
          getting in on an order of Tallman ladders. You would make the third which
          cuts the shipping cost to a reasonable level. I planned to have them
          shipped to my medical address (business). Depending on where you live, I do
          travel to Spruce Knob, WV during the new moon most months and could drop it
          someplace or you could meet me there if you use the NOVAC Gatewood
          campground. I usually travel I 66 to I 81 down to Harrisonburg and Rt. 33
          over to WV.

          Let me know if you're interested and I'll poll the other interested person
          in my club. Maybe you all would want to wait for one more or maybe three is
          enough.
        • Joe Morris
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2003
            James -- I'll keep a list. It's only you and me for the moment but if we
            can get at least one more, I'll set up the order. I too want an 8' model.