Re: [delmarvastargazers] I got home at 4:00 am

  • Steven Long
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2003
      Michael Stephano wrote:

      > But it was worth the drive. I really enjoyed meeting you guys and
      > playing with some of your eps.

      Mike, it was good to meet you, too, and to see everyone else, both old
      and new Tuckahoe friends.

      Chasing the sucker holes was both rewarding and frustrating. The most
      awesome view of the evening in my mind was the passage of the ISS
      through Ursa Major (we think it was the ISS; if it wasn't, the UFO
      casebook needs to be re-opened.) Steady and mag -2 or brighter,
      across a hundred or more degrees of sky over a time span of about 60 seconds.

      For those who were involved in the single-malt discussions, the
      smoke-flavored brand I was trying to remember was Laphroaig. It came
      to me about halfway home.

      It's sunny again today, and much warmer than it has been recently.
      May this be the beginning of clearer weather. Cross yer fingers!

      Steve
    • Chris Mazzola
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2003
        > Chasing the sucker holes was both rewarding and frustrating. The most
        > awesome view of the evening in my mind was the passage of the ISS
        > through Ursa Major (we think it was the ISS; if it wasn't, the UFO
        > casebook needs to be re-opened.) Steady and mag -2 or brighter,
        > across a hundred or more degrees of sky over a time span of about 60
        seconds.

        05 Jun -0.1 22:06:53 10 NW 22:10:02 51 NE 22:10:56 36 E

        from heavens-above.com... sure was the ISS.

        Chris