Moon in M44

  • Joe Wojtecki
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 3:34 AM
      Reminder: the Moon will be passing through M44 tonight beginning about
      1:30 EDT - should be quite an occultation show!

      Joe
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 10:08 PM
        Hello Joe:

        May I ask a question? I can see how it might be that something
        like the moon occulting Aldebaran might be something observable, but...

        How can one possibly spot a deep sky object anywhere in the vicinity
        of the moon's over-whelming brightness?

        I have my scope and binocs out, but I just don't think that poor old
        M44 will stand a chance!

        Thanks, and please excuse my ignorance on this.

        Doug