photoshopping...

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
      Star Gazers…please look at the picture of Comet ISON carefully.

      How many times have you seen stars in the sky and sunrise at the same time?

      ISON may become a beautiful comet…but obviously computer generated pictures such as this one insult real star gazers.

      The human eye and my telescopes cannot see this.

      Don…

    • Chris Todd
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
        Don, do you have a link to the original web site? I'd like to know
        more about the acquisition details.

        Chris Todd

        > On Nov 22, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:
        >
        > Star Gazers…please look at the picture of Comet ISON carefully.
        >
        > How many times have you seen stars in the sky and sunrise at the same time?
        >
        > ISON may become a beautiful comet…but obviously computer generated pictures such as this one insult real star gazers.
        >
        > The human eye and my telescopes cannot see this.
        >
        > Don…
        >
        > <Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 7.50.08 AM.png>
      • fred_delucia
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
          I believe this is the same photographer:  http://www.twanight.org/newTWAN/photographers_about.asp?photographer=Juan%20Carlos%20Casado

          Fred

          On 11/22/13, Chris Todd<christopher.todd@...> wrote:

          Don, do you have a link to the original web site? I'd like to know
          more about the acquisition details.

          Chris Todd

          > On Nov 22, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:
          >
          > Star Gazers…please look at the picture of Comet ISON carefully.
          >
          > How many times have you seen stars in the sky and sunrise at the same time?
          >
          > ISON may become a beautiful comet…but obviously computer generated pictures such as this one insult real star gazers.
          >
          > The human eye and my telescopes cannot see this.
          >
          > Don…
          >
          > png>

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          delmarvastargazers-digest@yahoogroups.com
          delmarvastargazers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
            The picture is on spaceweather.com website.

            Don...

            Sent from my iPad

            On Nov 22, 2013, at 9:08 AM, fredworld@... wrote:

            Fred

            On 11/22/13, Chris Todd<christopher.todd@...> wrote:

            Don, do you have a link to the original web site? I'd like to know
            more about the acquisition details.

            Chris Todd

            > On Nov 22, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:
            >
            > Star Gazers…please look at the picture of Comet ISON carefully.

          • Robert Bunge
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
              So that's Mercury in the clouds.  It is amazing how much better the twilight comets look in processed digital imagery than to the naked eye!

              Bob