tonight's opportunities and possibilities...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2013
      Yes…I know we have had rain for days…

      But the forecast for tonight is for clearing…and also the possibility for auroras…see Spaceweather.com and below

      see our website for the Clear Sky Clock...

      More auroras are in the offing. A CME that left the sun on June 5th is expected to deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field during the late hours of June 8th (or early hours of June 9th). NOAA forecasters estimate a 65% chance of geomagnetic storms when the CME arrives. Aurora alerts: text,                                voice

      and here is what the NWS has for Smyrna tonight...so…is anyone up for going to Blackbird tonight?

      notice the "HUMIDITY"…bring your dew defenses.

      Don...

    • Michael Lecuyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2013
        "HUGE 6.1 INCH DIAMETER TRIPLET OBJECTIVE-$75-SALE ENDS JUNE 10"

        Which is today.

        The lens is from a camera (not a projector) at f/1.25 and in their
        limited testing it's well corrected for color.

        Here's the long link:
        http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l13001s.html?utm_source=Surplus+Shed+Official&utm_campaign=ebf69d5a78-L13001SLDR6_9_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_496f6a4326-ebf69d5a78-22930613

        Surplus Shed charges a flat rate $7 for shipping everything, no matter
        how much you order.
      • Paul Riley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
          The July issue of Star Gazer News is available for download.

          Members can download here:

          Nonmembers can also download to see what the stargazers are all about!

          comments?

          C U @ the picnic.....