Triple Planetary Alignment

  • Joe Morris
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2013
      Here's a link to another good astronomy article written by my neighbor
      at Arizona Sky Village, Fred Espenak (Mr. Eclipse).

      http://www.astropixels.com/blog/2013/05/triple-planetary-alignment/

      Joe Morris
    • Paul Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2013
        While you're busy with your cookouts, games, and other entertainment, remember those who have served (and are serving) this country this Memorial Day.

        The June issue is available for download.

        Members can download here:

        Non-members can also download to see what the Star Gazers are all about.

        Comments?

        Clear skies and a slight breeze to keep the dew and skeeters away.
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2013
          Please note there is an error on Page 2…

            "This is known as Aphelion and is approx 91.445 million miles. In Winter we are
          at Perihelion...approx 94.555 million miles."

          the values for Aphelion and Perihelion are reversed…Aphelion = 94.555 miles and Perihelion = 91.445 miles…ap is far, peri is close.

          Sorry for the UH OH.

          Don…

          On May 26, 2013, at 2:10 PM, Paul Riley wrote:

          While you're busy with your cookouts, games, and other entertainment, remember those who have served (and are serving) this country this Memorial Day.

          The June issue is available for download.

          Members can download here:

          Non-members can also download to see what the Star Gazers are all about.

          Comments?

          Clear skies and a slight breeze to keep the dew and skeeters away.
          Pj

        • Paul Riley
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2013
            OMG

            Message 5 of 6 , May 27, 2013
              The June issue of Star Gazer News was discovered to have erroneous data.
              This problem was sent to the publication and documentation committee, who sent it to the sub-committee on errors and corrections (not to be confused with the Dept. of Corrections).
              In a unanimous decision of 6 to 1, The sub-committee approved the correction. The publication and documentation committee spent most of the night on this issue, but finally relented, and approved the correction.
              The June issue hase been replaced with the REVISED issue.

              All traces of the original document have been erased, according to the rules set by the ethics and paper trail committees.

              Pj

              Message 6 of 6 , May 28, 2013
                Thanx Paul!