Re: [delmarvastargazers] this weekend...

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
      lets go with Blackbird.

      don

      Which observing site Tuckahoe or Blackbird?  I’m in!

      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:37 AM
      Subject: Re: [delmarvastargazers] this weekend...

      I'm in!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Don Surles <mailto:don.surles%40verizon.net> wrote:

      > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
      >
      > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
      >
      > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
      >
      > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
      >
      > If'n you are interested please respond to
      >
      > mailto:delmarvastargazers%40yahoogroups.com
      >
      > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
      >
      > Don…

    • Paul Riley
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
      • Michael
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
          My family and I were in that area this past weekend. We stopped by Blackbird during the day to check out the site. First time I'd been there. The grass and weeds were getting pretty tall.

          Mike

          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

          > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
          >
          > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
          >
          > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
          >
          > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
          >
          > If'n you are interested please respond to
          >
          > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
          >
          > Don…

        • Chuck Jennings
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
            I'll be calling the ranger today to request that they mow the field, they are usually pretty accommodating.  We'll make the call for friday or Saturday a little later this week based on which night will have the better conditions.   Hope to see you all there!

            Chuck

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 30, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "Michael" <sarkikos@...> wrote:

            My family and I were in that area this past weekend. We stopped by Blackbird during the day to check out the site. First time I'd been there. The grass and weeds were getting pretty tall.

            Mike

            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

            > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
            >
            > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
            >
            > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
            >
            > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
            >
            > If'n you are interested please respond to
            >
            > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
            >
            > Don…

          • Chuck Jennings
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
              I spoke to the ranger and he'll do his best to get someone out to cut the grass.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Chuck Jennings <chuckjennings33@...> wrote:

              I'll be calling the ranger today to request that they mow the field, they are usually pretty accommodating.  We'll make the call for friday or Saturday a little later this week based on which night will have the better conditions.   Hope to see you all there!

              Chuck

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 30, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "Michael" <sarkikos@...> wrote:

              My family and I were in that area this past weekend. We stopped by Blackbird during the day to check out the site. First time I'd been there. The grass and weeds were getting pretty tall.

              Mike

              --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

              > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
              >
              > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
              >
              > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
              >
              > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
              >
              > If'n you are interested please respond to
              >
              > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
              >
              > Don…

            • Paul Riley
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2013
                Has a date been set for No Frills 2013 ?

                Pj

              • Chuck Jennings
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2013
                  We're still working through that with the equestrian center.   Don or I will publish as soon as it's confirmed.

                  Sent from my iPhone