Re: [delmarvastargazers] this weekend...

  • Lyle & Cherie Jones
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
      Which observing site Tuckahoe or Blackbird?  I’m in!

      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:37 AM
      Subject: Re: [delmarvastargazers] this weekend...

      I'm in!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Don Surles <mailto:don.surles%40verizon.net> wrote:

      > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping
      block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.

      > How
      some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.

      > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a
      pot-o-coffee.

      > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will
      bring a pot of coffee.

      > If'n you are interested please respond

      href="mailto:delmarvastargazers%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:delmarvastargazers%40yahoogroups.com

      ------------------------------------

      > Yahoo! Groups
      Links

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
        lets go with Blackbird.

        don

        Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:37 AM

        I'm in!

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Don Surles <mailto:don.surles%40verizon.net> wrote:

        > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
        >
        > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
        >
        > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
        >
        > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
        >
        > If'n you are interested please respond to
        >
        > mailto:delmarvastargazers%40yahoogroups.com
        >
        > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
        >
        > Don…

      • Paul Riley
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
            My family and I were in that area this past weekend. We stopped by Blackbird during the day to check out the site. First time I'd been there. The grass and weeds were getting pretty tall.

            Mike

            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

            > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
            >
            > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
            >
            > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
            >
            > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
            >
            > If'n you are interested please respond to
            >
            > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
            >
            > Don…

          • Chuck Jennings
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
              I'll be calling the ranger today to request that they mow the field, they are usually pretty accommodating.  We'll make the call for friday or Saturday a little later this week based on which night will have the better conditions.   Hope to see you all there!

              Chuck

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 30, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "Michael" <sarkikos@...> wrote:

              My family and I were in that area this past weekend. We stopped by Blackbird during the day to check out the site. First time I'd been there. The grass and weeds were getting pretty tall.

              Mike

              --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

              > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
              >
              > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
              >
              > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
              >
              > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
              >
              > If'n you are interested please respond to
              >
              > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
              >
              > Don…

            • Chuck Jennings
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
                I spoke to the ranger and he'll do his best to get someone out to cut the grass.

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Chuck Jennings <chuckjennings33@...> wrote:

                I'll be calling the ranger today to request that they mow the field, they are usually pretty accommodating.  We'll make the call for friday or Saturday a little later this week based on which night will have the better conditions.   Hope to see you all there!

                Chuck

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Apr 30, 2013, at 9:40 AM, "Michael" <sarkikos@...> wrote:

                My family and I were in that area this past weekend. We stopped by Blackbird during the day to check out the site. First time I'd been there. The grass and weeds were getting pretty tall.

                Mike

                --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

                > Folks…the weatherman has put his/her neck on the shopping block and is calling for clear weather Friday thru Tuesday.
                >
                > How some ever…the sun doesn't set until around 8:00PM…darkness around 9:00PM.
                >
                > So…we will need some sustenance…say hamburgers and a pot-o-coffee.
                >
                > I have a portable gas grill - with gas - and will bring a pot of coffee.
                >
                > If'n you are interested please respond to
                >
                > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > so all of us know your plans. This will probably be the last weekend before the skeeters.
                >
                > Don…

              • Paul Riley
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2013
                  Has a date been set for No Frills 2013 ?

                  Pj

                • Chuck Jennings
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2013
                    We're still working through that with the equestrian center.   Don or I will publish as soon as it's confirmed.

                    Sent from my iPhone