Re: [delmarvastargazers] rocket launch

  • Michael Lecuyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2013
      Thought I missed the launch with all the clouds south of Fowler's Beach.
      I'll be out at Fowler's again on Sunday. At least for this flight the
      launch windows are very short. If we don't see it within ten minutes we
      either missed it or it didn't go up.

      Antares Launch Scrubbed for April 20
      Sat, 20 Apr 2013 04:47:04 PM EDT

      Excessive wind levels have caused mission managers to delay the launch
      attempt today of Orbital Sciences' Antares rocket at the Wallops Flight
      Facility, Va.
      The high-altitude wind speeds exceed range safety restrictions.

      Launch now is scheduled for Sunday at 5 p.m. EDT.