Re: [delmarvastargazers] My first star party

  • Chris Todd
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2013
      Ray, it was nice to meet you and Pat (I was the guy setup across from you), and I'm glad to hear you had a good time.  One of the things I really like about Delmarva Stargazers star parties is that they are really laid back and everyone is friendly and willing to share views.  That's generally true of most amateur astronomers, but I think it's especially true of the Stargazers and their star parties.  Sometimes the bigger regional star parties can feel a little impersonal, just because there's so many people, but Stargazer events always seem to be just right.

      Clear skies,
      Chris Todd

      On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Raymond Diedrichs <rdiedrichs2001@...> wrote:

      This was our first star party as well, and my wife and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, and I learned a lot. I enjoyed the opportunity to look through lots of different scopes, and I would like to thank everyone for that.

      I'll also never forget looking at the moon through Don's 24 inch dob. What an image that was!

      Regards,

      Ray Diedrichs

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013

        Antares Launch Update

        Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:34:56 PM EDT

        Orbital has confirmed the next opportunity to test launch its Antares
        rocket from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia will be no earlier
        than 5 p.m. EDT on Saturday, April 20.

        NASA TV coverage of the launch will begin at 4:30 p.m. By the time
        coverage starts, the launch window will likely have been reduced to 10-15
        minutes.

        An attempt Friday was called off after review of the weather forecast.
        The forecast for Saturday indicates an 85 percent chance of favorable
        conditions. If needed, a back-up launch opportunity is available on Sunday.