tonight

    Message 1 of 83 , Apr 2, 2013
      Please remember our meeting tonight…time to get ready fro Delmarva Star Gaze #19

      I will be at Smyrna Diner at 5:15 for those who want to socialize before the meeting.

      See you at the Diner or the Church.

      Don…
    • Michael P. Borgia
      Message 83 of 83 , Jan 11
        Venus is nearly full, about 95% illuminated and 10.5" across at magnitude -3.9.   Mercury is 67% illuminated and 6.4" across. Mercury is magnitude -0.7 tonight.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jan 11, 2015, at 10:27 AM, lance biechele ltb0076@... [delmarvastargazers] <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi Folks,
           What a sight Venus and Mercury were last night.  Mercury was
        sparkling like a little diiamond.
           Does anyone know which phase Venus is at?
        Good Stargazing!
        Lance

        On Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:38 AM, "Don Surles don.surles@... [delmarvastargazers]" <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I went out to the marsh last nite to see the comet...it was 14F.

        The comet was high in the southeastern sky. With my 20x80 Celestron bino the head appeared to be as large as a full moon with a short tail visible. It also had what appeared to be a bluish/green overall cast.

        At 14F I did not hang around to see if there were any changes visible over a period of time. If it was not so cold I probably would have set up a camera.

        Go out and see for yourself...this is a nice highly visible comet that is easy to find. Under dark skies it is naked eye.

        Don...

        Sent from my iPad