Re: [delmarvastargazers] musings from MMM#13

  • Robert Bunge
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
      I can say my MMM #13 experience really only ended tonight.

      Loaded with grinding stand, 20-inch mirror box and other MMM stuff, my trusty 1998 Ford Escort with 181k miles on it decided to break it's timing belt a mere mile from the house.  Pushed into a parking lot with the help of a stranger Sunday evening, Monday morning the mirror box was moved to another car and the Escort towed to a repair shop.

      I finally unloaded the rest of the stuff this evening.

      With this set back, and an unexpected hit from Uncle Sam and Gov O'Malley, I just might need to take Dave G. up on his suggestion to silver the 20 inch mirror until I can raise the funds to have it recoated!

      Bob

      On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:
      What's the most disparaging, humbling, demeaning thing one mirror maker can say to another MM'er?

      "Do you have a 4 1/4 inch tool?"   Ouch!

      and here are some pics from MMM#13…more to follow…Don

      do you recognize this MM'er hand?

      would you buy a telescope from this set of eyes?

      Ted Kazinskey has a new hobby…

      what is Donna doing to that mirror?  Or…what is the mirror doing to Donna?

      America's Most Wanted Mirror Maker…ID = 16-0.75-F3-48

      a little cerium in the nose is no match for a finger…

      Just eat what's prepared for you --stop your complaining!

    • drewclan11
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
        Thank you, Stargazers, for a terrific weekend! Lets do it again,
        Jay Drew in CT