A successful Mirror Making Seminar, #13

  • david.heberling@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      This was my first Mirror Making Seminar. Despite some mistakes on my part, in the end it all came together with a lot of help from Bill Hanagan and Steve Swayze. I really want to thank those two most of all. Thanks to everyone else too, you are great group of people. It was quite the nail biter at the end. It was no sure thing that my mirror would be finished by the end of the seminar. It took Steve's sure hands to do the final figuring while everyone was cleaning up around us. A few minutes of figuring, clean the mirror and dash over to the test station to check how effective it was. Then dash back to figure some more. We repeated this 3 times and each time we were getting closer to a fine figure. The last one was the charm. These are the stats:

      I was shooting for an f-ratio of 4.5 (12.5 inch mirror) and ended up at 4.615 with a focal length of 57 11/16" focal length. Thanks Steve!