Re: [delmarvastargazers] elusive comet

  • Joe Morris
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013

    It was a good night here in AZ to chase down Comet Panstarrs.  The Chiricahua Mountains rise up to 9500ft to my west so I headed up the valley where the mountains drop lower.  This shot was taken with my Canon Rebel XT with a Nikon 180mm lens.  Not much detail but maybe upcoming nights will be better.

    Joe

    Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
      Joe…thanks for the pic…you are lucky to have clear sky.

      DE has clouds for the coming week or more.

      Keep those pics coming.

      Could you tell us the time and position of the comet vs sunset time & position ?

      Don…

      Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        Don -- A neighbor of mine here put together these viewing charts for the
        Comet over the next several days and here's the link. Basically, the
        best time should start about 30min after sunset and the show should last
        20-30 min depending on the horizon. Last night it set nearly due west
        and this time of the year, the sun is setting about the same place.

        http://www.astropixels.com/comets/panstarrs1charts/panstarrs1charts.html

        Hope to catch the conjunction with the moon tonight.

        Joe