New kind of camera

  • carolrpt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
      Today's Washington Post (p.A15) mentions a new kind of camera called the Lytro. It is unlike any camera ever invented. Used Light Field Technology which allows you to change the focus of your picture AFTER taking the shot. It started shipping today.

      Supposedly it does not do well in low light, does not feel right in your hand, etc. but it in my opinion, may have some use shooting through a telescope. It is 4 inches long, square, and the 8GB model costs $399, the 16GB for $499.

      I am sure future models will be improved, but this looked interesting. There is a review on the web at; http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/29/2821763/lytro-review

      Carol Beigel
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
        Carol & all…I have been following this camera's publicity releases for about 9 months.

        I have not purchased  one so far because I am not sure I want to diddle with every pic I take and because I cannot find any review of the lens quality…so far.

        It sounds like an interesting piece of equipment or fancy toy…not sure which at this time.

        Don…

      • suburbangy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
          One point I noticed from the cameras web site. Only currently interfaces with Mac. Windows interface under development.

          Bill H.