Columbia Lost

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      The U.S. Space Shuttle Columbia, flying STS 107 apparently dissentegrated
      over north Texas during re-entry according to CNN, CBS, and NBC TV
      reports. Columbia launched on January 16 for that
      orbiter's 28th journey. Communication was lost at 8:00 Central Time (14:00
      GMT), 16 minutes prior to the scheduled landing, at an altitude of 200,000
      feet (61km) and velocity of 12,000 miles per hour (19,000
      km/h). NASA advises people to report and avoid debris in the area because
      it may inlude toxic propellants.

      http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/

      http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/02/01/shuttle.landing.ap/index.html

      http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/01/tech/main538865.shtml

      http://www.msnbc.com/news/857733.asp?0cv=CA00

      :/
    • Phillip Awtrey
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        I telephoned my parents in Tyler, TX; they said the
        shock wave was quite startling. I grew up in
        Corsicana and Palestine, TX -- I'm sure I'll hear more
        about this from a few friends down there.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com