8418Re: Nascar.

    Sep 6, 2009
      Good morning, Paul.  Hope all is well with you and your family.

      What are your plans for the Dover Nascar race?  We are looking forward to your visit...just need some info on time, schedule and members of your group.

      Here is a link to our newest stargazer, Quinn Patrick Surles, #1 grandson in Katy, TX (just west of Houston)

      See you in just over 2 weeks.

      Don...

      On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Paul Gray wrote:

      Doug nice report. IS this the same C* you always had ora new one? What TV eyepieces are you using now?

      I got a Canon SLR for christmas and now I just jumped over the bridge last month. Gota HEQ5 Skywatcher goto mount, 100ED APO F9 skywatcher scope, a autoguider.. ......oh boy here we go.....yup i started to do imaging..... ..

      Clear skies,

      Paul Gray

      --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, Douglas Norton <dnorton618@ ...> wrote:

      > I took the scope out for a few hours Sunday evening. It was a multi-task event. I accomplished  final collimation, worked out all the kinks in the new scope and gear, used the new Double Star Atlas and took a few snapshots of the moon with the 40D. The highlight of the evening was seeing M13 and M5 through the newly collimated C8 and new Tele Vue eyepieces. I stared at M13 for a full 15 minutes. It was just stunning. Even with the moon in the sky it was a jewel. The Double Star Atlas was such a joy to use. I star hopped to a majority of them and that was fun. The atlas made that very easy indeed. I hadn't observed double stars in any serious capacity for a number of years and it was refreshing to see them again.
      >
      > For those of you with a Schmidt-Cassegrain check out this link for precise collimation techniques.
      >
      > http://legault. club.fr/collim. html
      >  Doug Norton
      > dnorton618@. ..
      > http://www.flickr. com/photos/ dnorton2812