8319Re: Sunday evening at the Marsh...

  • Paul Gray
    Jun 5, 2009
      Hey Doug and all,

      I did create an album in the photos section here on the yahoo group and put 4 of my first decent astrophotos in it. Have not had a big chance to get really using it yet but getting there as summernights and start parties are coming up.

      I been really busy on a few things, one is the creation of Dark Sky Preserves. WE are making our first one offical tommorow at an event at one of our two national parks in my province. We are doing two more DSP's this summer here.

      I am also going to chair our hosting of the RASC General Assembly here during July of 2010. Its a 4 day party with local tours of the highest tides inthe world, bay of fundy, partying, talks, workshops, partying and lots of food and a couple hundred astronomers from accross canada and the US who are part of the RASC. SOme of you should come up for it.

      Paul

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Norton <dnorton618@...> wrote:

      > Hey Paul! This C8 is a new one. It's a 1983 Super C8 with the Byers worm gear drive. My other two that I had from before I sold. I took a break from the hobby for a few years and then decided it was time to get back into it. I am using 3 eyepieces and one powermate. Tele Vue Panoptic 24mm, 19mm and 13mm Nagler with the 2.5x Powermate.
      >
      > It is nice to hear you are imaging. Make sure you send some images my way. I still have the Sky News magazine that reported your Supernova discovery. It's just not the same observing with you saying, "Hey Doug, confirm this object for me". That Messier Marathon was a blast. Take care and let me know when you'll be in town.
      >  Doug Norton
      > dnorton618@...
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnorton2812

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic