      From: Paul Gray <perserid@...>
      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 5, 2009 9:37:49 AM
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Sunday evening at the Marsh...

      Doug nice report. IS this the same C* you always had ora new one? What TV eyepieces are you using now?

      I got a Canon SLR for christmas and now I just jumped over the bridge last month. Gota HEQ5 Skywatcher goto mount, 100ED APO F9 skywatcher scope, a autoguider.. ......oh boy here we go.....yup i started to do imaging..... ..

      Clear skies,

      Paul Gray

      --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, Douglas Norton <dnorton618@ ...> wrote:

      > I took the scope out for a few hours Sunday evening. It was a multi-task event. I accomplished  final collimation, worked out all the kinks in the new scope and gear, used the new Double Star Atlas and took a few snapshots of the moon with the 40D. The highlight of the evening was seeing M13 and M5 through the newly collimated C8 and new Tele Vue eyepieces. I stared at M13 for a full 15 minutes. It was just stunning. Even with the moon in the sky it was a jewel. The Double Star Atlas was such a joy to use. I star hopped to a majority of them and that was fun. The atlas made that very easy indeed. I hadn't observed double stars in any serious capacity for a number of years and it was refreshing to see them again.
      >
      > For those of you with a Schmidt-Cassegrain check out this link for precise collimation techniques.
      >
      > http://legault. club.fr/collim. html
      >  Doug Norton
      > dnorton618@. ..
      > http://www.flickr. com/photos/ dnorton2812