8313Sunday evening at the Marsh...

  • Douglas Norton
    Jun 2, 2009
      I took the scope out for a few hours Sunday evening. It was a multi-task event. I accomplished final collimation, worked out all the kinks in the new scope and gear, used the new Double Star Atlas and took a few snapshots of the moon with the 40D. The highlight of the evening was seeing M13 and M5 through the newly collimated C8 and new Tele Vue eyepieces. I stared at M13 for a full 15 minutes. It was just stunning. Even with the moon in the sky it was a jewel. The Double Star Atlas was such a joy to use. I star hopped to a majority of them and that was fun. The atlas made that very easy indeed. I hadn't observed double stars in any serious capacity for a number of years and it was refreshing to see them again.

      For those of you with a Schmidt-Cassegrain check out this link for precise collimation techniques.

      Doug Norton
      dnorton618@...
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnorton2812

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic