      From: Douglas Hemmick <jsbell.ontarget@...>
      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2007 12:08:42 AM
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] internet hoax r.e. Mars

      People:

      I notice there is an internet email going around wherein people
      are claiming that on August 27, Mars will have the same apparent
      diameter as the full moon.

      I believe those people don't know how to figure angular size: I calculate
      that Mars will be just about 5 thousanths of one degree at that time, which
      is 100 times smaller than the full moon...

      Thought you'd like to hear about this...

      Doug

      Andre Gide