      From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Ambrose
      Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 8:48 PM
      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Star Gaze XII activities

      Hi Chris,

      I didn't take offense at Don's comments. But I disagree, these
      outings should be an incentive for the casual observers to come out
      and enjoy the camaraderie of a group of astro-nerds (of which I am
      one:) in the enjoyment of the hobby. If you want to increase the
      clubs bottom line encourage more to join in, after all you can bring
      your own fish and do the fry yourself...if you like fish anyway <g>
      For me it is the principal of the thing, don't try to scalp folks who
      might just like to come out and participate. You know most folks have
      only the weekend anyway, so the extra days don't matter.

      John

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Stargazer Chris"
      <icstars2k@...> wrote:

      > John, it's clear that the star parties are a cash cow for the club.
      (I've heard that for years.)

      > And don't take Don's response to mean he doesn't care... because no
      matter how it sounded, I *know* he didn't mean it that way. ;+)
      Perhaps you should attempt to add "star party fee structure" to the
      agenda of a club meeting for the club officers to respond officially.

      > For me, I've always felt that the cost is a deterrant for casual
      star gazers. A one-night pass in the $10 range would give the casual
      observe a chance to experience it. With a minimum of 2-3 days, some
      people (like my dad) would *never* go, especially not for $40 at the
      gate!!

      > The good thing is ball field observing is free. You could observe
      from the ball field for free even during the star party. (Just can't
      camp there.)

      > -Chris

      Mid-Spring
      > >> daylight hours of our Star Gaze...the more lazying the better.
      Lazying
      > >> makes the lies more believable.
      > >>
      > >> But, there are intervals when a stray activity or two could be
      > >> appreciated...though nothing strenuous should be expected or
      tolerated.

      > >> So, if you have a non-strenuous stargazer interesting activity
      you
      > >would
      > >> like to propose for the April 28- May 2 period please pass it
      on to the
      > >> group. We appreciate your ideas.
      > >>
      > >> For information...today's longrange weather forecast for April 28
      > >through
      > >> May 2nd is for sunny days in the mid to upper 70's, clear
      nights in the
      > >> low 60's, with generous amounts of slight cooling breezes in the
      > >daytime
      > >> and enuf breeze at night to prevent dew forming and to
      discourage the
      > >> stray T-hoe mosquitoe that may venture close to the eyepiece
      (he is
      > >> probably a stargazing mosquitoe trying to get a peek thru your
      > >Nagler).
      > >>
      > >> You only have four weekends to prepare for Star Gaze XII. Have
      you
      > >heard
      > >> the peepers this Spring?
      > >>
      > >> Don...
      > >>

      > >> This communication is for use by the intended recipient and
      contains
      > >> information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted
      under
      > >> applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
      hereby
      > >> formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this
      e-mail,
      > >> in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the
      sender by
      > >> return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless
      explicitly
      > >> and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this
      e-mail does
      > >> not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an
      acceptance
      > >> of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent
      to the
      > >> use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
      purposes or for
      > >> transfers of data to third parties.
      > >>
      > >> Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese
      Chinese Korean

      > >> http://www.DuPont.com/corp/email_disclaimer.html
      > >>

      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > > Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
      > delmarvastargazers">delmarvastargazers</a>" on the web.
      Service.

      Service.

      ------

      Yahoo! Groups Links