4727Re: [delmarvastargazers] Some one lurking in Orion

  • Bob Bunge
    Feb 1, 2006
      Here's an unprocessed scan of a print made from an original neg:

      http://ladyandtramp.com/31-inch/m-42_prime_focus.jpg

      of the same area with a similar scale.

      You can see the area in question and perhaps a bit of outline. I think
      this has everything to do with how the CCD image was stacked and processed.

      For the record, the link above is a 30 second prime focus image on the
      old Konica 3200 ASA film taken through a 31-inch f/7 newtonian. Taken
      perhaps in 1988.

      Bob