      Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:22:00 -0500
      From: "Scott Ewart" <scott.e@...>
      Subject: Fw: [JSCAS] Somebody lurking in m42

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Glenn Schaeffer
      To: Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society
      Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:28 PM
      Subject: [JSCAS] Somebody lurking in m42

      It never fails. Get a new astronomy toy and the
      clouds move in for a week.

      Finally, some clear skies for about an 2 hours
      tonight! I finally got to do some imaging tonight
      with my new Canon 20D hooked to my 20" Obsession
      scope. After getting aligned and my autoguide
      a'guiding I started testing my new setup. I shot some
      quick 30 sec shots of m42 & m43(of course) for my
      first light. After about 10 shots or so the clouds
      moved in. Anyway, I started processing some of the
      images and noticed something strange....even spooky.
      Some of the experienced astroimagers probably have
      seen this before but it was new to me. I zoomed in on
      the Trapezium region and noticed what appeared to be a
      man embedded to the right of the Trapezium with his
      back to me looking over his left shoulder into the
      sky! And... I think he's necked!!!! I know ya'll
      think I've lost it but look for yourself!

      http://home.houston.rr.com/gschaeffer/trapzman.jpg

      Glenn Schaeffer
      Santa Fe, TX.

      http://mail.yahoo.com