4266Re: Halloween Observing...

  • mark_oneal
    Nov 1, 2005
      I was inspired this year and set up the C102 out in the front
      driveway for the trick or treaters to look at Mars. It was pretty low
      in the sky but everyone still thought it was cool. A bunch of people
      said they saw the same bright meteor.

      Mark

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Norton Douglas \(DTI\)"
      <douglas.norton@s...> wrote:

      > Well I went to my buddy's farm last night for a few hours of
      observing
      > with the 10-inch Dob. I saw so many meteors and one that lit up the
      > ground all around me. I literally thought someone was taking a
      picture
      > of me. The night compared to Saturday night was much better. All the
      > stars were pinpoints and sharp as tacks. Mars was sharp and lots of
      > detail was seen but I need to make an off-axis mask to get rid of
      the
      > spider vane spikes. The cluster M15 held up to my highest power and
      was
      > simply amazing. To quote someone we all know... "It was the best
      I've
      > ever seen it!"
      >

      > Here is the list of objects observed. I had planned on looking for
      > objects I hadn't catalogued yet but I got sidetracked by how
      beautiful
      > the night was. The Owl Cluster from a dark site and bigger mirror
      was a
      > fine sight indeed.
      >

      > Double Stars
      >
      > Albireo