3117Re: Digest Number 841

  • planet587
    Dec 2, 2004
      I, too, have been looking forward to attending, and actually pushing
      some glass this year.
      Last year I attended my first seminar as an "observer".
      I "enjoyed" keeping Art company as he slaved away over a hot
      soldering iron, channeling the lap for his 15".
      I picked up a lot of good tips from all the experienced people there.
      (And the food was good too!)
      I got the impression though, that the request for "responses" was in
      regards to someone to run the event as opposed to attendees. True?
      I hope you all (y'all for those of you below the Mason-Dixon line)
      can pull it together!
      Thanks,
      Jim Roth
      (Lehigh Valley Amateur Astronomical Soc.;www.lvaas.org)

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, ccivortex@b... wrote:
      > A while back I had a conversation with David Grotsky about the 4.5
      inch Shief.
      > You and I even discussed my buying your mirrors for your 6",
      remember?

      > There was talk about doing a number of those mirrors as part of the
      next mirror
      > event.
      >
      > Except for Don's announcement that he couldn't run the event, there
      was
      > nothing I saw to promote it.
      >
      > Even if we don't do mirrors, I'd love to just hang out, talk shop,
      have a star party,
      > etc.
      >
      > I've been talking up this event quite a bit. Please Lyle, send out
      the invitations
      > and lets see how many respond. Put me down and in the mean time,
      I'll talk it up
      > with others I know.
      >
      > Art Bianconi
      >
      > Date sent: 1 Dec 2004 14:36:00 -0000
      > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      > To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Digest Number 841
      > Send reply to: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > > Message: 1
      > > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:16:38 -0500
      > > From: "Jones Lyle A. \(DNREC\)" <lyjones@s...>
      > > Subject: Mirror Making event
      > >
      > > Since I have heard from no one except Terry Young about the mirror
      > > making event, I should assume that the mirror making event is
      off for
      > > this year and I should cancel I reservation at the St. Jones
      Reserve.
      > > Lyle
      >

      > For more information, please visit our web site:
      >
      > http://www.vortexgenerator.net
      >
      > Thanks for writing CCI.
      >
      > The contents of this message and any attachments were checked by
      Norton AV
      > before being sent, using an AV list not more than 24 hours old.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic