11574Re: [delmarvastargazers] Anyone observing this Friday or Saturday

  • Dwane Miles
    Aug 28 10:05 AM
      I'm about 90 min away too. I hope to be there by 7:30

      Dwane Miles

      On Aug 28, 2014, at 12:45 PM, "fredworld@... [delmarvastargazers]" <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I should be able to join you at the ball field. Just waiting to be sure my schedule is clear.  It's about a 90 minute drive for me in good traffic. What's your ETA, Dwane?

      Fred

      On 08/28/14, Dwane Miles de_miles@... [delmarvastargazers]<delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I will be at the ball field at Tuckahoe tonight. I've already contacted the ranger at the park.

      Dwane Miles

      On Aug 27, 2014, at 10:43 PM, "fredworld@... [delmarvastargazers]" <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Forecasts for Thursday are looking good. Why wait 'til Friday what can be observed on Thursday with an earlier setting and less illuminated moon? I'd prefer Tuckahoe. Not sure about the weekend but Thursday I'm good.

      C/2014 E2 Jacques is looking very good. Was out at the French Creek Gun Range in PA on Sunday night and then last night I went to the Blue Mountain Vista Observing Field in New Ringgold, PA. Both were great nights with New Ringgold the hands down winner where I got very well dark adapted. Used my very dim red headlamp only to change my Paracorr setting I picked off many DSOs with Stephan's Quintet and the Helix Nebula the highlights in addition to the usual eye candy. Perfectly clear all night. SQM-L readings were 6+ NELM by 11:30PM and then got slightly better. Milky Way brightly stretched from the horizon in Sgr to just past Cas. Rift very evident. Cygnus star cloud brilliant. A comparatively slow moving meteor streaked yellow through Cepheus that I caught (with my glasses on) while taking an apple break.  Left the field at 3am.

      Haven't been to Tuckahoe since the April Stargaze, would love to get back with my 18".

      Fred

      On 08/27/14, 'Lyle & Cherie Jones' worm1647@... [delmarvastargazers]<delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Either Blackbird or Tuckahoe?  Lyle

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic