11183Re: [delmarvastargazers] Eclipse Picture [1 Attachment]

  • Robert Bunge
    Nov 3, 2013
      The Bunge family and friends had a great view right at sunrise from Deale, MD, with the trees of Tighmann Island in the foreground.  Low clouds blocked the rest, but the first 15 minutes were worth it!

      Bob

      On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Bill Shuman <billshumanjr@...> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from Bill Shuman included below]

      Here is a picture of the eclipse this morning.  I think it came out fairly well considering how we had to take it.  We are living aboard our sailboat and traveling the east coast.  From our anchorage in Charleston, SC we awaited the sunrise but realized at the last minute it would rise just behind a large building.  So, we jumped in the dinghy and went out into the harbor to get a better view.  The picture is taken hand held from a bobbing 9' inflatable dinghy using a SolarScreen filter over the camera lens.

      -Bill Shuman

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic