11163Re: [delmarvastargazers] Mirror coating machine

    Oct 24, 2013
      This would/could be a welcome addition to any amateur astronomy organization.

      However, coating mirrors is not for the amateur.  These machines require a "home" with special power and other utilities.

      We do not have such a dedicated place to my knowledge.  Therefore, I propose we pass on this opportunity.

      Thanks for the heads up...if other folks have diff opinions please speak up with your suggestions.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 24, 2013, at 2:06 PM, <stones4ever65@...> wrote:

      On Cloudy Nights under ATM parts & such there is a mirror-coating machine up for grabs at $3500 negotiable, Is this something the club should consider investing in? Seems like we could coat 20 mirrors or less & break even not counting the cost of supplies, then we coat our own mirrors very cheaply. Discuss it amongst yourselves.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic