10780Re: [delmarvastargazers] Re: visitors at star party?

    Sep 2, 2012
      just so everyone understands the No Frills setup…

      1) Delmarva Star Gazers rents the facility from Tuckahoe Equestrian Center

      2) we rent the portajohns

      3) we buy food, paper products, coffee, fish, etc and provide it at no cost

      4) we provide limited internet service at no cost

      95% of the money is committed before the party begins.

      WE MUST RECOVER THIS COST - tho only away to do so is to charge admission fees.

      See you all at No Frills…think dark sky…clear sky…no skeeters…big telescopes…bigger lies.

      Don…

      On Sep 2, 2012, at 5:12 PM, larryl wrote:

      Thanks Chuck.

      I plan to tell some friends about the party and I do not want them to be surprised to learn that they have to pay.

      Larry

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Jennings <chuckjennings33@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      > We require all attendees to pay, regardless of whether they have a scope set up or not. The fees allow us to pay for the expenses of running the star party an our goal is simply to break even. I would encourage you to attend our september meeting this up coming Tuesday. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Chuck
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Sep 2, 2012, at 10:59 AM, "larryl" <k3fit@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Do visitors (those not setting up a scope) have to pay to attend a star party?
      > >
      > > Larry Leitch

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic