      those are very nice…i have to learn more about the video mode.

      where did you find clear skies last night?

      Don…

      On Jun 2, 2012, at 7:01 AM, Calixto Estrada wrote:

      Nice Don !

      I took moon pics last night using 10" LX 200, Canon T3i in video mode and processed with Registax.

      Cal

      From: Don Surles <don.surles@...>
      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 10:31 AM
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] last night...

      I went to BB last night to photo Venus as a slender crescent…I was not successful.

      It seems Venus is moving rapidly toward the sun for its rendezvous and  Transit on Tuesday.  Less than 2 weeks ago I was on my way to the Philly airport around 8:45 - 9:00PM and Venus was a good 30 degrees behind the sun.  Last nite it was so close I never found it with binos.

      But, the moon was out - the sky was clear - I had the new scope, a 9.25" Celestron Ultima so I decided to make sure e'ry thing worked.  Below are a couple of lunar shots at prime focus.

      BTW…I am gonna weigh that scope.  It is very heavy!  Much heavier than a C8 and Meade 10".

      One thing I noticed…with a DSLR that has a less than "full frame" sensor the whole moon, and therefore the Sun which has the same arc measure, will not fit into a frame…so, we will need shorter focal length scope than an 8" or 9.25" or 10" F-10 SCT.  I plan to use a Takahashi FS-102…about 600mm in focal length.

      Don…

      here are some 4X6 crops...

      and here is a full frame…I noticed subtle shades of color on the limb side .
      <moon #4.jpg>

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic