10422New Telescope Owner Nights at UMaryland Observatory

  • adastragrl
    Jan 3, 2012
      Hello UM Observatory Friends!

      Did you get a telescope for Christmas? Already have one and need to
      learn how to use it??

      The UM Observatory will be holding its annual New Telescope Owner Nights
      on Wed 25 and Sat 28 Jan 2012. Sign up for a 30 minute slot and get one-on-one help with your telescope.

      Details are at http://www.astro.umd.edu/openhouse/amateur/new_owner.html

      The program is free, but we do request that you register for a slot so
      that we don't overwhelm the volunteers!

      To register, *email me* with the following information:
      -- WHICH night (you only need to register for one evening),
      -- WHEN you would like to come (we have 30 minute time slots so that we don't get 50 people in the first 10 minutes)**
      -- the TYPE and SIZE telescope you have,
      -- and WHAT kind of help you need (what issues or problems are you having?? just need basic help?? what to observe?? ... ).

      This will help us to better collect the necessary resources for the evenings!

      ** time slots: 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30pm

      Clear Skies!
      Elizabeth Warner
      UM Observatory Coordinator
      warnerem@...
      301-405-6555

      PS We are also looking for volunteers if you would like to be a mentor...