10174Delmarva Mirror Class Mirror at Stellafane

  • David
    Aug 1, 2011
      Hello All,
      Just got back from Stellafane and I would like to report that another Delmarva Mirror from our class has won an award in the Optical Judging. Gary Fick tied for second in the 12" and under catagory for his 10" f/5.4 that he made at this year class. I looked through Gary's scope and it was showing a near perfect star test, something you rarely see in a scope of that size and f-ratio. Gary told me that when he sent his mirror to be coated he also had it tested and the report was extremely smooth and 1/15 wave ! Way to go Gary and more proof that the group that runs the mirror making class does a super job !

      - Dave
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic