Old laptops...

  • walsh2002bc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi Group:

      Years ago I bought a xpi cd 166mmx for my daughter which she used
      steady for about 6 years. I remember it was a nice laptop. Finally,
      she relaced it with a new laptop and knowing my weakness for hanging
      on to old computers, she returned the xpi to me, still in perfect
      condition.

      After all those years it still is a nice laptop. It gladly accepts all
      my old win98 programs, cruises the net, runs my GPS and basically does
      everything I need. Of course I have my "big" computer (new and fast),
      but for all the fun stuff the xpi cd is still my favorite.

      Thanks for letting me in your group.

      mike
    • franco33139ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2006
        --- In delllatitudexpiclub@yahoogroups.com, walsh2002bc
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group:
        >

        > Years ago I bought a xpi cd 166mmx for my daughter which she used
        > steady for about 6 years. I remember it was a nice laptop.
        Finally,
        > she relaced it with a new laptop and knowing my weakness for
        hanging
        > on to old computers, she returned the xpi to me, still in perfect
        > condition.
        >
        > After all those years it still is a nice laptop. It gladly accepts
        all
        > my old win98 programs, cruises the net, runs my GPS and basically
        does
        > everything I need. Of course I have my "big" computer (new and
        fast),
        > but for all the fun stuff the xpi cd is still my favorite.
        >
        > Thanks for letting me in your group.
        >
        > mike

        Mike I have three of them, which I have been fixing. Tell us what
        type of programs you have in it. Because I just loaded Window 95
        (have 98se waiting to load). But I like to upgrade them with good
        programs that could be useful when I sell them to my friends cheap
        because they do not have one to work with.

        I am interested in finding a wordprocessor and a few office type
        programs like that. It does not have to be Microsoft. And other
        utilities and programs that you have found interesting. I find this
        lap xpi to be an excellent in terms of weight and size. Wish they
        bring it back on with higher speed cpu and ram memory. They should,
        they really had a great idea when dell came up with this design