  • wpmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2005
      Just something I thought I'd pass along, I had 2 xpi cd150 one had a good display but the cd cable was torn and it only read the hd every once in a while. The other had a display you could read only with all the lights off and even then it was kind of dim, and the PCMCIA slots did not read. The simple thing was to replace the poor display and live with the slots not working right >No one display would not work on the other motherboard. So I took the cd/ floppy unit from the one and swapped it , But the hd was still intermittent, so I went and reordered the pins on the plug-in board and bada bing bada boom that fixed it.I then bought this memory chip on ebay the was a 16mb chip but once installed showed up as 32mb, I added another 16mb chip and now the total is 64mb and the dell diagnostic disk checks it as 64mb in the comprehensive memory test.
      So xpi computers will that 64mb ram and beware of displays swaps, they may not work, and if your hd can not be detected try resoldering the onboard plug-in board.
      Wayne Powers
      Saskatoon