Replacement LCD for an XPI CD IBM vs Samsung?

  • paulebookman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hi,
      I have an XPi CD with a Samsung LCD screen which developed a
      problem. I managed to get a replacement screen and lid etc. which
      all fitted in fine but doesn't seem to work. On closer inspection it
      seems to be an IBM LCD version, but clearly the surrounds etc. say
      XPi CD. I assume at some time the XPi CD had two versions of
      screens. Does anyone know if they are interchangable? The sockets on
      the LCD panel itself are obviously different but the plug on the
      cable assembly that connects to the laptop is the same. Is my
      replacement dead or is there some configuration on the Laptop MB for
      the two different screens? The replacement one doesn't even have the
      power leds etc. light up.

      Any suggestions?

      Paul.