DOES THIS EXIST.......?

  • Richard Mayberry
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
      I have a Dell Latitude xpi 133st Laptop.
      it has a messed up version of Windows 95 on it.
      i am trying to get around a password that is on it
      THIS PASSWORD IS NOT FROM DELL OR WINDOWS.
      It is called PC Watchman & i can not crack it.
      i want to put Linux on it but, it only has a floppy disk
      on it.
      i do have another PC with CDrom & burner and the whole 9yards.
      I need someone to point me in the direction of a website i can find
      a version of Linux on floppy.
      DOES THIS EXIST.......?
      i hope someone can help me out here, i have been trying to get help
      with this issue for a while & i am getting nothing but, headaches.
      take care.
      Rick.
      PS or Windows 95 on floppy

    • Laurence Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        What about just doing a complete wipeout of the hard drive, and starting over?

        Richard Mayberry <schwigiddy1@...> wrote:I have a Dell Latitude xpi 133st Laptop.
        it has a messed up version of Windows 95 on it.
        i am trying to get around a password that is on it
        THIS PASSWORD IS NOT FROM DELL OR WINDOWS.
        It is called PC Watchman & i can not crack it.
        i want to put Linux on it but, it only has a floppy disk
        on it.
        i do have another PC with CDrom & burner and the whole 9yards.
        I need someone to point me in the direction of a website i can find
        a version of Linux on floppy.
        DOES THIS EXIST.......?
        i hope someone can help me out here, i have been trying to get help
        with this issue for a while & i am getting nothing but, headaches.
        take care.
        Rick.
        PS or Windows 95 on floppy

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Richard Mayberry
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
          well the thing is, i just found out that there is this software on the HD
          called PC Watchman & what it does is keeps the user form accessing
          the HD from normal boot, safe mode, or any type of boot disk.

          i looked it up & it seems to be some strong software. about $180.00
          for just this, i have tryed everything & it is just becoming a headache.

          i would love to just wipe the drive and start over but, can't , i have no
          way to do so.....

          any suggestions would help. maybe you know of some serious hackers
          or some BBS that i can join to find out how........i need some serious help
          on this on, thanx for you help though, i do appritiate it. take care and i hope
          to hear from you real soon.
          Rick.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
            Those laptop security software programs are hard to beat, I think. Maybe even impossible. And, I wonder if it locks up the BIOS...probably, huh? If that's the case....yikes.

            Of course, if it just locks the hard drive, then buying a new hard drive might be an option.

            But...I have a feeling it is the case of locking the BIOS...

[...]

          • Norton
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
              Or you can pull out the HD and get a connector adapter that will connect the small HD
              to the cables in your Desktop. Then you can reformat and download anything from
              your Desktop to your laptop disk. Also, pull the battary out of the laptop and wait a day
              or so. This may let the BIOS forget any security modes.
              Norton

              Laurence Smith wrote:
              What about just doing a complete wipeout of the hard drive, and starting over?

              Richard Mayberry wrote:I have a Dell Latitude xpi 133st Laptop.