[Dell Latitude XPi Club] Re: Misty water color memory....

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2003
      Hi Jeremy,

      Is there any chance of you posting here on the group some more info
      on the memory you used? Or maybe some photos? 80MB sounds quite nice
      and I recon it would speed-up my 133ST big deal.

      Thanks
      Adam

    • jeremytoms@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2003
        Hi Adam,

        I used Kingston memory with the code KTD-XPICD/32. It is in SODIMM format and is available from many memory sellers. I used eBay to get mine, for around $30.00, although I'm not into advertising. Ebid.co.uk may have some.

        I found some in the US at the following ebay auction. Ask the seller, they may send to wherever you are.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2727023139&category=11172

        Hope that helps

        Jeremy

        Is there any chance of you posting here on the group some more info
        on the memory you used? Or maybe some photos? 80MB sounds quite nice
        and I recon it would speed-up my 133ST big deal.

        Thanks
        Adam

        --- In delllatitudexpiclub@yahoogroups.com, <jeremytoms@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Karl,
        >
        > Sorry for not writing earlier about your misty water coIour memory.
        > I tried that with an XPi100 and although the BIOS couldn't see the
        extra RAM, Windows could.
        > I don't know if it is reliable to keep it in this situation, but no
        harm came from my trying it,

        > I since got a 166, so used the 32M chips in that instead.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Jeremy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Adam
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2003
          Hi,

          It certainly helps, thanks a lot.

          Adam

          --- In delllatitudexpiclub@yahoogroups.com, <jeremytoms@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Adam,
          >
          > I used Kingston memory with the code KTD-XPICD/32. It is in SODIMM
          format and is available from many memory sellers. I used eBay to get
          mine, for around $30.00, although I'm not into advertising.
          Ebid.co.uk may have some.

          > I found some in the US at the following ebay auction. Ask the
          seller, they may send to wherever you are.

          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
          ViewItem&item=2727023139&category=11172

          > Hope that helps
          >
          > Jeremy
        • Karl Raade
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 16, 2003
            I've been keeping an eye out for some additional memory on eBay (for
            my XPi 133ST, putting along with 16Mb). I rarely saw anything
            suitable for my needs, and when i did, somebody (probably one of
            you ;-)) beat me to it. I finally got tired of it and purchased some
            new SODIMMs from www.memoryx.net. That was the only place where i
            could find it in stock and without a sizeable shipping fee.

            I ordered 2 32MB SODIMMs (p/n 310-3423) for $41.00 each. The 133ST
            is supposed to max out with 16Mb SODIMMs, but it has no problem in
            seeing the extra memory. The initial memory count during boot and
            Win98 both see a full 72Mb of extended memory. This is a screaming
            increase in response from the 16Mb the computer came with, as you
            would imagine.

            If anybody has any questions about this case, let it fly. As well,
            if i find a problem (or start to smell smoke) i'll post it.

            Toodles!
            <k>
          • Gregg Eshelman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2003
              --- Karl Raade <karlraade@...> wrote:
              <clip>
              > I ordered 2 32MB SODIMMs (p/n 310-3423) for $41.00
              > each. The 133ST
              > is supposed to max out with 16Mb SODIMMs, but it has
              > no problem in
              > seeing the extra memory. The initial memory count
              > during boot and
              > Win98 both see a full 72Mb of extended memory.

              Anyone have a P75D and tried to upgrade it past the
              official max of 40 meg RAM?

              =====
              "When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist

              http://sbc.yahoo.com