sound-looping probs.

  • wadewv <barbfull@mwt.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2003
      My system is at it again. Lately it's been looping system sounds
      (recycle, alert, etc.). I think I have it narrowed down to a directx
      incompatibility, though not positive. Problem is, it always happens
      AFTER I play this one game. The game's read-me file warns of the
      looping problem, but sound is fine both before and during the game.
      after shutting down the game, the first system sound to be triggered
      immediately goes into a fast loop. it doesn't stop until I shut the
      system down. I've upgraded to the latest es1888 drivers, but still no
      luck. Has anyone had a simlilar problem, such as trying to get the
      sound card to be directx certified? One person has suggested it is
      due to an OS upgrade. My system is a 150ST running windows98.
      Thanks,

      Wade V.
    • merlin_80000
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2003
        Normally that problem has to do with an IRQ conflict, although if the
        game mentions an issue, you may want to look further with the game's
        support docs and see if they have a solution

        --- In delllatitudexpiclub@yahoogroups.com, "wadewv <barbfull@m...>"