471Re: batteries are damn expensive!!

  • tascam238
    Nov 16, 2006
      a new battery would be nice, this thing is a sweet ride! its a
      latitude XPi CD M166ST. the nicer of the two.. i belieeve. i used
      to be all hip with the differences between the 133 and the 166. but
      i don't think i'd be wrong in saying theres more to the difference
      besides an extra 33 mhz in speed. btw, my cards a d link airplus
      card, but i ripped the sticker off the card cuz it looks cool all
      steel like that, so i can't remember exactly what it is. bloody
      fast surfing though, man on man, on par with a cable i'd say,
      considering the unit would load just as slow no matter what
      connection you have.. i guess bottlenecked is the term here.
      -Tim

      --- In delllatitudexpiclub@yahoogroups.com, "mbordt" <mbordt@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Tim,
      >
      > Good luck on the batteries. My original one still holds a charge
      for
      > an hour or so. I tend to keep it on the charger when I'm not using
      it.
      > That's usually not recommended but it works for me. I try to
      discharge
      > fully whenever I use it.
      >
      > I'm curious about the wireless Internet card. If you're talking
      about
      > the XPi P133ST, the cardbus cards aren't supposed to work. Is
      there a
      > non-cardbus wireless card?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Michael