Questions about Dhalgren (2)

  • Biblioteca Nazionale di Macerata
    Message 1 of 58 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hallo, here I am again with another problem.
      When Kidd and madame Brown leave the Richards' house (apart from the term
      *disfocus* which I didn't find in any dictionary, but presume stands for
      *out of focus*) the boy makes a sort of reflection and says to himself:
      "Does the revelation that, though it cannot be done with words, it might be
      accomplished in some lingual gap, giving [i.e. give] me right, i injury,
      walking with a woman and her dog, to pain?". But all the paragraph from the
      beginning (And what have I invested...) to the ending (This exhaustion
      melts what binds, releases what flows) is rather complicated.
      Could you help me to understand the exact sense of the phrase?

      Thanks
      Maurizio Nati
    • Steve M
      Message 58 of 58 , Mar 30, 2004
        At 1:09 PM -0500 3/30/04, Ralph Dumain wrote:
        >I remember little of NOVA after all these decades, but EMPIRE STAR is a
        >brilliant little gem, indeed.

        Or would that be a little Jewel?