Happy Birthday Chip!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      Happy Birthday to Samuel R. Delany. He's 60 today.

      Best wishes for this year and every year.

      --Zvi Gilbert
      zvi@...
      Moderator, Delany-List
    • Ralph Dumain
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
        I'm glad someone remembered. I wanted to write a 60th birthday tribute for
        my web site, but I can't spare a moment. I'll do it when I can, but this
        birthday acknowledgement will have to do for the moment.

        At 09:08 AM 04/01/2002 -0500, Zvi Gilbert wrote:
        >Happy Birthday to Samuel R. Delany. He's 60 today.
        >
        >Best wishes for this year and every year.
        >
        >--Zvi Gilbert
        >zvi@...
        >Moderator, Delany-List

        ATTENTION! -- NOTICE (21 Feb 2002)

        The Autodidact Project has moved to a new location,
        with its own domain name.

        Check out Ralph Dumain's "The Autodidact Project":
        <http://www.autodidactproject.org>
        See what's new on the site at:
        <http://www.autodidactproject.org/whatnew.html>
        Get a sneak preview of coming attractions on the site at:
        <http://www.autodidactproject.org/whatnext.html>

        "Nature has no outline but imagination has."
        -- William Blake
      • ezmailslot
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
          Happy Birthday Chip! ;)
        • Ralph Dumain
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
            Somebody beat me to the punch while I was out communing with the cherry
            blossoms. Happy 64th birthday, indeed.

            At 05:51 PM 4/1/2006 +0000, ezmailslot wrote:
            >Happy Birthday Chip! ;)
          • Henrick Pålsson
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
              --- ezmailslot <ezmailslot@...> skrev:

              ---------------------------------
              Happy Birthday Chip! ;)

              From sweden and the gothenburgs science fiction
              society.

              Cheerio!
              Henrick

              == Posted to delany-list, hosted at
              onelist^Wegroups^Wyahoo ==
              == A mailing list for the discussion of the works of
              Samuel R. Delany. ==

              Terms of Service.

              ---------------------------------
            • zvi@vex.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
                Tomorrow is Samuel R. Delany's 65th birthday. Happy Birthday!

                Some exciting recent and forthcoming events:
                - _About Writing_ was nominated for a Hugo award for related non-fiction
                book.

                http://www.locusmag.com/2007/03_HugoNominations.html

                This is the third related non-fiction book of Delany's to be nominated for
                a Hugo:
                * The Motion of Light in Water (1989 - Winner)
                * Silent Interviews (1995)

                More about the Hugos:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Award

                - Dark Reflections is to be released on May 10 of this year. Although
                Amazon says it's currently In Stock! I'm envious of everyone who has
                already read it and I expect to join your ranks shortly.

                Does anyone know if there's any readings scheduled for it?

                - The Tribeca Film Festival is showing:

                The Polymath, or the Life and Opinions of Samuel R. Delany, Gentleman, a
                documentary directed by Fred Barney Taylor. (U.S.A) – World Premiere. A
                fascinating portrait of science fiction writer and renaissance
                African-American artist and teacher Samuel R. Delany includes vivid tales
                of his sexual escapades in this experimental documentary.

                This will be happening April 25-May 6, 2007 in NYC.

                http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/tff07-family-discovery-release.html

                Cheers, and Happy Delany Day to all,

                --Zvi
                zvi@...