NOVA !

  • dotenj@cadvision.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2001
      Oh man, Nova's a favorite, probably THE favorite. It is sentimental, my mother gave it to me in my teens.... But I did like it a lot. I reread it a couple of years ago and did a (second in my life ) painting based on the book. Von Lorq has a little Delany in him based on photos. I guess I'll have to go reread it again. I've just been going through a Delany reading obsession. In the last 6 months I've reread
      They Fly at Ciron, Fall of the Towers, Empire Star, Neveryona, The Einsien Intersection and lots of dipping into The Motion of Light on Water. Now I'll probably read Nova again soon... I do an occasional collum on my site about what I've been reading so I think I'll do a Delany one. I need to do a couple touch ups on the painting, then I'll put it up - Jeff ( who mostly lurks )

      > At 10:21 PM +0000 6/16/01, ven crane wrote:
      > >>At 12:23 AM +0000 6/14/01, ven crane wrote:
      > >
      > >Mmm not my list, which I think begins with Nova (if partly for sentimental
      > >reasons)
      >
      > Now, Nova is the one book of Delany's that has always remained opaque
      > to me. I have read it twice, with none of the pleasure I get from his
      > other works.

      Jeff Doten's Illustration Studio
      http://www.jeffdoten.com